Saturday, February 21, 2009

Too Long...

It's been too long because my bike has been a problem.  Sometimes, I wish I were a mechanical engineer like most of the rest of the ECCC!  Silly Liberal Arts degrees...

Apparently something funky was going on in my derailleur.  I brought my beloved Scott CR1 into Human Zoom for a tune-up pre season.  I guess the fact that the derailleur was bent for a long time finally bit when the new chain was put on... communism.

Co-captain Josh is away for the weekend, and thankfully he's also about 5'11" so I managed to borrow his bike for a pretty epic ride today.  This was the legendary "vino velo" ride, starting from the art museum in Philly at 9.  That meant that I was on the road at 7:30 to cruise from Villanova, pick up former president Kevin in Ardmore.  That is WAY THE HECK TOO EARLY especially when your roommate has a cold and coughs all night long.  It's 2:30 and I'm so tired right now.  It's naptime.

The ride was great though.  Even on only a few hours of sleep, I felt really strong and ready to rock and roll for the season.  Philly has a nice mix of rolling hills, bigger high percentage grade climbs, and flat out straights, and I managed to stay in the saddle and near the front on a pretty bunchy but fast ride.  It was solid.

In other news, I can't wait to use this blog as a place for detailed race reports.  What else am I going to do during ECCC downtime with my laptop?
'

No comments:

Post a Comment