Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow in Virginia

So I signed up to work in DC over break at the IRS.  I had my official government employee orientation this morning (snooze).  However, my commute was far from a breeze, unless you count the wind that almost BLEW ME OFF THE BRADDOCK ROAD METRO STATION.  Seriously, water covered the raised platform, and it was like walking on ice at 6:30 this morning.  It snowed six inches in Virginia on March 2nd.  Clearly, I'm being conspired against when it comes to bike riding.

I decided to come here over break because I figured it'd be a balmy 40 or so degrees, maybe I'd be able to venture out in only arm warmers and knee warmers on my newly cleaned but still effed up bike.  I took it to the shop last week for a tune up, which turned into $179 for a new derailleur which is still making funky noises.  Freaking shimano 105, it's totally a piece of crap.  Some of us aren't nearly as good at bike maintanance as we are at bike riding, so we choose to pay people money to keep those complex machines running in tip top form.  It really frosts me when my bike comes out worse after mantance.

Back to the snow: I sincerely feel bad for the rest of you ECCC schools.  We're lucky to be at the southern end of the conference and snow still completely annoys the crap out of me.

Further updates: Less than a week till we race.  I'm 21 now!  Buying alcohol is fun!   Can't wait for the Thrilla'  I would love to do that ride from rutgers to princeton.  19 miles.  I'll just need someone to drive my car/ ride with me.  River road is a fun little bike jaunt!

Last, Bent Spoon for Primes???  Ask me what I think of Bent Spoon, their pretentious ice cream... how about HOAGIE HAVEN PRIMES?  Seriously though, Kudos to Princeton and Rutgers for what looks to be a great opener!


No comments:

Post a Comment