Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Riding


Where the hell is my helmet????  

After being up for 23 hours continuously on Saturday (one of which was a roller workout with a 123454321 interval, trademarked by me) I went to bed and got up early to make sure I'd be able to find stuff for my ride in the lovely springy weather.  Apparently, my helmet was the challenging item.  I thought I'd misplaced it; it wasn't in the usual hanging on the handlebars spot when I looked Saturday night.  Then again, a party was going on, so there wasn't much I could do...

I live in an apartment that's about 500 square feet.  Not much place for a big helmet to hide!  I looked around and around, no luck.  I ended up leaving and borrowing an extra helmet from coach for the day.  His extra is "flip top" style, i.e. the strap in the back is busted so the helmet was falling over my eyes all day.  Bummer.  Still, we got in 50 solid base miles out to Doylestown, PA- a nice ride, not that hilly, but really trafficky.  My bike got soaked and completely covered in salt and grossness, so that's another half hour I had to take at the end to clean everything off.

I went to do my laundry afterwards, and as I was transferring the mountain of laundry from my hamper to a washer... AHA!  My helmet!  What was it doing at the bottom of my hamper?  Who th heck knows.  Case of the missing bike stuff, part 5 million for me, is solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment